Saint Germanos is a mountainous village in the prefecture of Florina. Located on almost at the Greek - Macedonian border, above the large lake Prespa at an altitude of 1,040m. Agios Germanos Prespa belongs to the municipality and its population according to the 2001 census is 231 residents.
Saint Germanos had great prosperity in the past. By 1913, much of the population was Slavic-speaking. The name of the village due to the homonymous church of the 10th century, and was maintained throughout the period of the Ottoman period, the corrupted type "German", while in 1926 the name Saint Germanos introduced. The existence of the village is likely from the early 10th century, when erected and the namesake church.
Important Makedonomachoi village was Alexios Alexoudis, John Damoulis, Nicholas Koutsoukis, the chieftain Stergios Mission, Constantine Naides and Helen Chatzopoulou (1896 - 1976) fought for the defense of Hellenism in the region towards the Bulgarian guerillas and Ottoman arbitrariness.